Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How Do You Make A 3D Picture?

Since it is backwards works for me Wednesday over at Rocks In My Dryer I am going to play along and ask for some help.

I saw a picture some time ago that I have been trying to figure out how to make and am asking help to see if anyone knows what it is and how to make it.

Here is the description as best as I can write it.

It was a large photo behind glass, framed as you normally would frame a picture. However there was several more layers on the glass. The flooring was cut out of other pictures and a layer put down flat on the glass, then another layer was added where there were pieces of the flooring on top of the flat layer. There were the same with the shoes etc, making everything with a 3 D look. The flared skirt had several layers and was actually flared off the glass.

The whole picture was 3D and looked so nice. I can't figure out what they used as it did not feel like regular decoupage.

Does anyone know what it is called and how to do it or where I can find out how to make it?

Thank you!

For more questions and answers hope on over to Rocks In My Dryer.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Now I can't say I know exactly what you're talking about, but I'm guessing. I think if you take several copies of the same picture, and cut out each different layer and then put little spacers of sticky foam between them to give them that 3D look. Does that make sense? Or you could put down 1 full copy of the photo in the background and then add each different layer to the top of it. Hopefully that is helpful.

Alberta said...

This is paper tole

If you google that, you should get lots of hits...it's not hard to do but it helps if you have an artistic eye as well as lots of time & patience.

Good Luck!

Peggie said...

Thank you> I did google it and will do more when I get back from my trip. This is what I was talking about though and am happy to find out. Thank you for your help. Any others have good sites for me?