Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Allergy Relief

This is the time of year I have the most problems. Giant headaches, eyes that will not focus and it all comes with a big pain in the neck.

Living in Texas has made it worse, I can't seem to get rid of it. I wake up and it greats me , a cup of coffee helps some, but then it is all right back.

No, I am not talking about my husband, the dog or kids. It is my allergies. My face hurts, I get low grade fevers and my functioning level is close to "non".

Last year I went to several Drs., had loads of meds and even shots. I still had it until the end of July.

This year I got a humidifier and have it in my bedroom at night. It is set on high and runs about all night with no break, but I wake up with only a tiny headache if any, very little face pain, if any and my neck is only sore from my pillow.

So many people are having trouble with allergy that I would like to suggest a humidifier. I found mine at Goodwill for $10. I saw it in Walmart for over 50. It is like new, but I looked around till I found a good one, so take some time and hunt.

It works for me and I hope will help you or your child. For more works for me ideas check out Rocks in my Dryer.



3 comments:

Laura said...

Hello there - first time visitor here, and a fellow Texan to boot!

My allergies are awful as well this time of year, and if I don't nip it in the bud, it does last all year long. I've not tried a humidifier - except for my kidlets when they have croup - but I may have to dig ours out and give it a whirl. Anything for relief these days!

I noticed on your other blog that you live in the same town as my in-laws! What a small world - they live out 580, going towards Bend - but they work in San Saba, which is where we lived before moving to the Austin area 7 years ago.

Just wanted to say hi! Stop in at my blog and see me sometime :)

-J said...

The word "allergies" always gets my attention, as I'm on the constant lookout for relief. I too am surviving due to a nighttime humidifier. I live in Japan, so don't know if this is available in the States or not, but if you ever see these clear stickers you put near your nose and that emit lavender, eucalyptus and menthol, I highly recommend them. They're amazing!

http://www.nichiban.co.jp/health/hanasupa/index.html

Aubrey said...

One other little tip for using humidifiers - make sure you change the water often so that it doesn't get moldy. Mold is often allergenic and could worsen the problem. So make sure you keep the water fresh.