Friday, February 15, 2008

A fitting toy

Today is Frugal Friday at Biblical Womanhood. Since I am not on my computer I do not have the official logo. Oh for the day I get my computer going... well, that is another story.
My granddaughter made a discovery for some cheap toys. I do not know if your kids and grandkids are like mine were and are, but it seems that the toys you buy were not the ones they played with, it was the ones where they invented the toys and discovered things to play. The plastic storage containers, the pots and pans, the veggies from the drawer while you were trying to get out the milk etc.
The other day she got into something that has brought her hours of pleasure. My husband was doing some plumbing work and had a box of the white plastic elbows, fittings and such setting in the house. (Mind you the plumbing work was ages ago and these things have been in my way since).
She discovered that treasured box! She has been playing with the fittings, putting some together and having a great time. When you compare the cost of toys to the cost of some fittings it sure makes a frugal toy and a happy time for the little one!
For more frugal ideas hop over to Biblical Womanhood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, my boys always have a great time at their Grandpa's house playing with all the scraps of wood in the garage.
Blessings~

mom_of2boys said...

This is a great idea. My son is always putting things together and building with anything he can find. I never thought about the plastic piping.

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

When my son was a toddler, he LOVED the tupperware cabinet. It was so much fun for him to stack bowls inside each other or build towers.

Now that he is five, I have him organize it for me every couple months. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, my daughter loves making toys out of things. Especially the cardboard boxes that the toys come in LOL. We spend all that money to buy some fancy toy and they end up playing the box, go figure. ; )