Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Softer Feet

Two weeks ago on Works for Me Wednesday Beauty From Chaos wrote about a simple way to have soft feet. Unfortunately for me my feet needed more help.

Like Jessica, I get cracked heels, and I mean cracks! My whole heel and the side of my foot gets dry and hard. I have tried so many things, but it seems like nothing gets through that hard, dry dead skin. I have filed it over and over and worked on them forever, but they are still ugly and when they crack and bleed it is painful to walk.

This week as I was using the foot file I was thinking I need something more to get through this. What I am going to say next will probably make you think I am crazy, but I got out sand paper! I sanded my heels and the the side of my foot. The side I did not press so hard on as it is not as bad, but the heels I sanded like I was doing a piece of rough wood. I could not believe the difference! Now the vasoline gets through and is doing it's job.

If your feet are like mine, give it a try. It works for me!

8 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Wow! That's some dry feet; glad you found something that will help. :)

Tricia said...

My husbands feet do the same thing. Last week he was showing me how his feet had improved. I asked him what he was putting on them, DIAPER RASH OINTMENT!! He thought it was lotion. LOL

Mandy said...

Whoa!! You brave woman! But hey, if it works....then awesome!

Britni said...

I'll go and get pedicures every once in a while to get rid of the dilemma. They take good care of my feet... but they laugh while doing it because they are so dry!

Anonymous said...

I had been told to use equal parts of vaseline and diaper rash ointment by a cosmetician friend and was doing the sand paper thing myself (but without telling...I felt so embarassed, but now I know that I am not the only one)

SAHMmy Says said...

Great idea! When summer comes I run around barefoot and my the skin on my feet turns to cracked leather. What's a foot file but sandpaper on a stick after all? Will try!

Kim said...

I have the exact same problem - what I do is soak my feet for awhile to soften that hard crap up - then I have a pumice file that I use in the same way you did the sand paper - if I leave it too long between doing this, it could take a couple days of soaking/sanding to remove it all - I now try to use the pumice file daily in the shower - it helps.

Anonymous said...

Try this: I soak my feet in hot soapy water with up to a quart of plain white vinegar in it. Soak until soft then sand/scrape. Then rub in lotion/vaseline, whatever. I've suffered from cracked feet since I was a teen, I do this once a week now and my feet feel like a baby's.