Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Breakfast Pizza

Some time ago I had a shower to go to and was asked if I could bring something in the way of a brunch finger food.

I love to cook and bake, but had no idea for a brunch finger food! My husband had some ideas and we bounced it around for a bit until I thought about how pizza places have breakfast pizzas. I had never had one, but thought maybe it would be worth a try.

Now, some of you that have been reading my blog or that know me personally know I do not follow recipes that are on paper. I may look at them (yes, I have a full bookshelf of recipe books! I just like to collect them and read titles for ideas) but I usually end up making my own as I go by changing what is written down.

For this shower I went to Cooks.com and searched for a breakfast pizza. I found a recipe and looked at it and then went and made it my way. It was a big hit, everyone asked me for my recipe and I had to tell them exactly what I am going to tell you. My way, play with it and make it yours.

You need:

  • 1 roll of crescent rolls (Pillsbury or store brand or whatever, the ones in the refrigerator section.
  • grated cheese ( I think I used about 2 cups per pan)
  • about 6 eggs
  • 1/3 C. milk
  • salt and pepper and nutmeg if you like
  • bulk sausage or bacon

set oven to about 400 and let preheat while mixing the rest.

brown sausage or bacon. If using bacon crumble it up after browning.

unroll the crescent rolls and press into a 9 X 13 pan. press the seams together so they make a flat crust on the bottom of the pan. Place the sausage or bacon on top, spreading evenly. put the cheese on top of the meat, spread evenly.

Mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper (nutmeg if desired) in a separate bowl or measuring cup.

Pour on top of meat and cheese.

Bake till egg is set and solid (about 15 - 20 minutes)

I made two of them, one bacon and one sausage. They were eaten up in no time flat, so if you are taking them somewhere, make plenty! Works for Me!!

9 comments:

ellen b. said...

This sounds very good. Thanks for sharing the recipe...

Vickie said...

This sounds great! I have heard of fruit pizza and taco pizza but never breakfast pizza. Thanks!
Blessings,
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity

Dawn said...

Wow that sounds delicious! :-D

Mandy said...

Now that sounds like something I could go for.

Kari said...

That looks good! Im going to save that and use at my next MOPS group! Thank you!

Tiffany said...

The deli close to my house that makes pizzas does breakfast pizzas, also. They put gravy on theirs. It may not sound great, but it is amazing! You might try that. Just put it between the crust and meat- like the pizza sauce.

Britni said...

Thanks. I really didn't know that... and I guess it makes sense. I'll definitely check with the cops.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Wow...that sounds wonderful. I'm going to try this for our next ladies' breakfast.

Oonie said...

Mmmm...we had breakfast pizza at Disneyworld and it was awesome. Thanks for the recipe and happy memories!