Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black Forest Crisp

I am one to try my new recipes when people are coming over. I have no idea why I do it then, but I do. Not only do I try a new recipe, I adapt the recipe to my liking with never having tasted the original! I have yet to have a failure after 37 years of cooking like this.

Sorry if I sound like I am bragging. I do not mean to, it is just the way I do things and what works for me.

So, now I am going to give you a recipe and let you try the same thing for Thanksgiving!

Black Forest Crisp

Ingredients

  • 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
  • 1 can (8-1/4 oz.) crushed pineapple undrained
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1 package (18-1/4 oz.) Devil's Food cake mix
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
  • Ice Cream or whipped topping

Directions

Layer cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, slivered almonds, chocolate morsels and flaked coconut in a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix over layers and dot evenly with butter. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.

Serves/makes 10

Yummy!

Adapt as you see fit!! Works for me!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great recipe.
I
ll try it out.

Thanks!

Feel welcome to visit me at:

Laane on the World

Happy Thanksgiving!