Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thank A Soldier

I was planning my blog for today when an email came. It changed my post for this morning.

We have soldiers away from home and some deploring soon. With the holidays on us this is a hard time of year to be away from your family. I know. I live in Texas, my kids are in Maine and North Carolina; my mom in NJ and siblings mostly in the NJ area. It hurts. However, I am not also getting shot at, nor facing a sniper, bomb etc in every move I make.

In moving to Texas I moved near the largest base in the US. Soldiers are everywhere and our church has a number of them. The heartache and loneliness is evident as they plan to deploy.

This is where what came in my email this morning became so relevant and important. YOU can send a soldier a message or prayer and encouragement.

Here is the email:

"Something cool that Xerox is doing
If you go to this web site, Let's Say Thanks you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How A MAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! This is a great site. Please send a card. It is FREE and it only takes a second. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them..."

I sent mine, will you?

0 comments: