Monday, November 26, 2007

A Grumbling Heart

Holidays, they are so wonderful but so tiring. I find that I need rest after them and do not feel like doing anything. I love having the kids over and Rick's sister and her two son's were here too. It was fun. I wish all the kids could have made it, but this year we only had two of them, their spouses and babies. Even though they all brought food, I was still tired after. I must be getting old... nah can't be that!

I find when I get tired I also get a bit impatient and can be more of a complainer.

Sunday's are a hard day for me. My husband works for a church and is in charge of the building. This is clean up, repairs, updates and such, as well as in charge of the grounds and vans. On Fridays and Sundays I work with him.

Sunday I went in to start the coffee as I usually do. (I set up the communion and make four different kinds of coffee for before and during the service). What I found was my coffee table cleared and stuff not put back, I had to hunt for it all. The refrigerator a mess and I had just cleaned it out. The communion stuff all over and the cups thrown loose in the cabinet. Dishes in the rack and not put away and my coffee scoop gone. I was starting to brew at the coffee table not back, so you can only imagine how I was by the time I finished. The matzos were even gone and I had to hunt!

I walked around with more and more steam coming out of me. Our filtered water does not refill fast enough for the coffee pot, and someone had obviously used the water the day before (sign on faucet saying not to use... but who listens?) grumble grumble. Can't anyone clean up behind themselves? grumble grumble. What is the matter with people? grumble grumble. And on it went.

There were other things that happened that morning at church that got me even more upset.

I thought about it later. I was right, but I also was all wrong. Attitude!

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26


Now, take the letters in attitude and the number under each one and add them.

Convert it to %.

What did you get?

100% ! Yup! Attitude is 100%
  • Philippians 2:14: Do all things without grumbling or disputing;
  • Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
  • James 5:9 Do not complain brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door

OOPS! Caught in sin again. Was my attitude humble like Christ or was I a grumbler and complainer? I think we both know.

To help your attitude:
  • Get enough sleep
  • Pray and read the Bible to gain God's perspective and how we should live.
  • Think before you say anything
Remember, man looks on the out side, but God on the heart. You may grit your teeth and smile, but God sees what you are really like, your attitude.

0 comments: