Saturday, September 22, 2007

I have a splinter

Last night I went out on the back patio to untangle my dogs leash and I got a splinter. It is in deep, I broke half of it off trying to get it out. I am in pain. This morning my husband made another attempt to get the rest out, but could not get it. It is in my foot, so every step lets me know it is there. Pain, throb, step by step.

I have a few choices. I can let it go and see if it comes out by itself. I can try to dig it out some more. Or I can go to the dr. and get it cut out. It is Saturday, the dr. will be hard to come by, but doable before noon. Hmmmmm choices.

Life is like that. How many times have we let things get under our skin? Maybe something someone has done or said. Maybe something we have done or said. We have the same choices. We can let it sit there and fester up and infect us. We can try to pry it out ourselves and make a bigger hole, a bigger injury and then it festers up and infects us too. Or we can take it to the Great Physician who can rid it from us if we let Him.

I have a choice now. I know me, I will go try to get it out myself, put more drawing salve on it and try again. If by Monday it is not out I will go to the Dr. However, by then who knows what it will look like. I am babysitting today and know it will be hard to go with her, or so I think. Maybe before noon I will change my mind and see the Dr. For my splinter I may get away with this and not have it get too bad, but the splinters of life do not work that way. We need to handle things God's way.

The pain from my splinter has made me think about this today. Like most people I have splinters inside that I need to go to Him about. Hurts that seem to keep me from being all He wants of me. Examine yourself for splinters. Ask HIM to reveal them and let the great physician remove them for you.

9 comments:

Beckie said...

Hey Peggie I just found your blog. Great reading. Try soaking that pesky splinter out. It worked for a nasty one in Sean's foot once. Blue Dawn dish soap is a great drawing solution for minor cuts and splinters. Salt also works well. You now offically have THREE faithfull blog readers.

Peggie said...

Beckie, thanks. I am soaking it now in hot salt water. It is in deep, so we will see. Glad to have you aboard!
Love you!

Jes said...

OH Beckie! I didn't know you blogged!! Are you an internet junkie too? :)

Beckie said...

Well Jes I have your mom to thank for my new addiction. She sent me the pokemon auction and I am hooked on that blog. Then this morning I discovered your mom had a blog listed on her email so I checked it out. I have both yours and your moms bookmarked. I enjoy reading this stuff but have no time to make my own.

Peggie said...

Me? Why do I get blamed for everything? We are glad you are here!

Beckie said...

I'm not blaming you....ok I am, BUT I am also thanking you. I have laughed more and been more thankful everyday for my 2 boys. The chaos of 2 cannot be harder than the chaos of 5 or 6. You big family mom's impress me. I still say if I had any more you'd find me in a corner drooling on myself.

Peggie said...

Yeah, but once you get the two boys you then start with the girls, they can at least be taught to wipe up the drool.

By the way, the splinter is out, but I have a nice hole in my foot!

Beckie said...

As I am very much like my Grammie Higgins the chance of number three being a boy is very high. I already have more than my fair share of testosterone to deal with with the 3 males in my life. Paul and I have agreed that if we want a girl there are lots from other countries that need homes. However the boys keep us too busy to even consider adding another face to the mix. I guess it's up to Jes to give you guys #16 (no pressure Jes) from this side of the family. Are you counting the new step-grandkids Bethany gave to you? Boy Christmas is going to be EXPENSIVE!

Glad to hear the splinter is out.

Jes said...

Oh the pressure is on!! it's a good thing we want about 4. We can't wait to start trying again. Dr's orders say we have to wait until December. Beckie, just wait until you dig deeper into blogs. There are so many out there I get overwhelmed! There are a couple I'm really addicted to. A lot of great reads. :)